Creative digital media workshop
More than just a promotional tool for the music industry, the music video is now well established as an art-form in its own right. This format is now widely represented and influential in advertising, short and feature film, in art-galleries, and of course on youtube. This highly engaging practical experience explores the temporal relationship between audio and video content, and is a great introduction to larger projects across a range of creative fields and syllabus areas.
Music video producer 2 hour
• Select edit and sequence loops to create a unique musical arrangement using professional computer software (Sony Acid Pro).
• Combine a variety of media types including video clips, still images, sound tracks and sound FX, titles into a cohesive and explosive creation.
• Explore time-line editing techniques such as transitions, layers, fast/slow motion, etc.
• Design an artistic relationship between audio and video components.
Music video producer 4 hour
All topics covered in 2 hour workshop plus
• Capture live video in the green screen cyclorama.
• Explore extreme rhythmic editing techniques (e.g. strobe, staccato, random)
• Explore digital sound processors (DSP).
• MIDI techniques (e.g. Quantize).
• Discover media libraries prelinger archive, freesound archive, flickr.
• Introduction to copyright and creative commons.