Creative digital media workshop
“As young people create and share Scratch projects, they learn important mathematical and computational ideas, while also learning to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively”.
Scratch is a computer program developed by MIT Media Labs that is used to create interactive presentations, games, animations and stories. A great way for learners to develop and present their understanding of any subject, Scratch is the 21st Century alternative to written reports, posters and dioramas. This workshop is also a perfect introduction other programming such as Lego NXT, Java, Flash, etc.
Interactive presentations with Scratch 2 hour
• Build a classic computer game with the easy to use Scratch interface.
• Discover how to create and animate characters called “Sprites”.
• Animate by combining code bricks together (eg control, looks, move, operators, variables).
• Problem solve and de-bug Scratch projects.
• Discover the online community of Scratch, hosted by MIT; a place to learn, publish and find inspiration.
Interactive presentations with Scratch 4 hour
All topics covered in 2 hour workshop plus
• Develop a personal project, environment or situation.
• Build a Lego We-Do model.
• Write a Scratch program to control the motors in the We-Do model.
Want to know more about Scratch?