Byteside filmed a series of talks held at the museum during our massive Retrogaming Weekend. The panelists were; Jeremy ‘Junglist’ Ray (formerly of Good Game), Paul Hunt (former deputy of the Classification Board and family gamer), Alex Kidman, and Seamus Byrne.
You can view their discussions here.
Topics discussed this video are:
- Violence and shocking themes in games. Is this a new thing?
- Who plays games now?
- Social and antisocial aspects of gaming.
- Should games be viewed the same as how film and literature are viewed? Is violence in games viewed in context by nongamers? Or is it criticized out of context?
- Do indie games bring in new gamers? Do gamers and nongamers approach new games differently?
- What has the iphone done for gaming?
- Can modern control methods for games scare off potential players?
- Indie games development.
- The future of gaming. Where is gaming going?
- Digital distribution.
- Innovation in games.
- Great moments in gaming.
- Great moments in gaming (cont.)
- If apps from Apple’s iphone store are forced to be rated in Australia, will this kill the indie gaming scene on it?