Multiple collection level descriptions can be uploaded from an Excel Template. The attached speadsheet has three separate options which hide some columns for data entry purposes. When this spreadsheet is converted to a text file all columns are included. If you wish to develop your own spreadsheet it must contain all columns required by the MME (even if they are always left blank).
1. Login (top right hand corner of the screen)
2. Click “upload” and you will see this screen
4. You will now see the Preview screen below
5. IMPORTANT – you must scroll down and check your data at this point. If the file contains any unseen paragraph or line breaks (this often occurs if text has been pasted in from Word or the Internet) they may truncate your records or produce other odd results.
Note: extended characters such Ä Ĉ etc will not display correctly in preview but are OK once the record is committed.
6. Tick the Commit box – either the box on the top line for the whole spreadsheet or select individual records as appropriate.
7. Click the “Commit Data” box
8. Revisit your spreadsheet and fix any issues as required.
*TIP! If you already have data in the MME you can use the TSV export feature to create a template for bulk updates – it is then simple to copy and paste data. These files generally import back into MME very cleanly.