A new photo from the Powerhouse Museum every day
This photograph from the collection dates from about 1910 and shows four Clydesdale horses with their handlers posed in the grounds of the Kent Brewery. The horses are wearing their harnesses ready for work. Clydesdale horses were the main delivery system for beer supplies to the pubs of Sydney until about the 1920s when they were gradually replaced by motor lorries.
Tooth & Co operated the Kent Brewery on Sydney’s Broadway for almost 150 years from 1835 until 1983.
Photographer unknown, c 1910 (86/3259-3)
No known copyright restrictions
Post by Lynne McNairn