photos and stories from the Powerhouse Museum
The photograph above shows the Powerhouse Museum’s 1914 Bradbury motorcycle as it looked before restoration. The Bradbury and its sidecar were suffering from corrosion and had been recoated black with a paint brush but it was basically intact, except for badly worn and torn upholstery.
The restoration philosophy for this object was that it was to be restored to new ‘as manufactured’ condition. The restoration was carried out in early 1981 by contractor Peter Scott from Meridan Motorcycles under supervision from the Museum’s own conservators.
The result is the beautiful machine below, complete with sidecar, on display in the Transport Exhibition.
Post by Lynne McNairn
Photography: Powerhouse Museum
© All rights reserved