Photographic print, black & white, auditorium of St James Theatre, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 1930s?
The St James Theatre, now demolished, was in Elizabeth St Sydney, between Market and King Streets. It was owned by MGM and opened in 1926. In this photo a large light fitting rests on the floor of the auditorium, presumably being prepared to lift into place. There are numerous workmen and onlookers.
Annotated in pencil on reverse 'St. James' / Theatre'.