Posters, advertising, (7) 'Tooheys', Walter Jardine and others, paper, Tooheys Limited, Australia, 1931 - 1992. Seven lithographic or photo process prints advertising Tooheys products, created as point-of-sale advertising for Tooheys hotels:
1. A large format poster for exterior display, vertical format, 'Here's To'ee. Stepping into highest favour. Tooheys Mild Bitter Ale'. Poster features stylised figure supporting bottle. 'Publicity Studios'. Poster is unsigned but is similar to the work of Gert Sellheim and other Modernist graphic designers.
2. A large format poster for exterior display, vertical format, 'Put this in your glass and drink it! Tooheys Oatmeal Stout'. Poster features combine harvester in barley field, plus glass of stout. Walter Jardine signature.
3. Poster for point of sale display, vertical format, 'Just as nice off the ice. Oatmeal Stout "In the Stout bottle". On Sale here'. Poster features stout bottle embedded in a block of ice.
4. Poster for point of sale display, vertical format, 'The Beer Drawn Here IS - Tooheys New Special'. Poster features a foaming beer glass and hop flowers.
5. Poster for point of sale display, vertical format, 'Mrs 'Arris & Mrs 'Iggs/"Here's To'ee"'. The poster features a cartoon of two women gossiping over a picket fence, and an illustration of a bottle of Tooheys stout.
6. Poster for point of sale display, vertical format, 'London Type Dominion Dry Gin Bottled in Bond by Tooheys Ltd'. Poster features portrait of a middle-aged couple raising cocktail glasses, plus an illustration of a Dominion gin bottle.
7. Poster for point of sale display, horizontal format, 'The Tooheys Big Blue. Fenech vs Nelson. Tooheys Blue Label Light Bitter'. Poster features photographs of boxers Jeff Fenech and Azumah Nelson.
See parts for marks information