Automobile chassis, full size, sectioned, Morris 8, Series E, metal, made by Morris Motors Ltd, Cowley, Oxford, England, 1939-1948. Complete with stands and electric motor motor (SB).
This is a motor car chassis with a number of sectioned components including the radiator grille, radiator core, radiator header tank, generator, timing case, engine, bell housing, gearbox and chassis rail. The chassis is of a double box section type and the vehicle features a four-cylinder in-line engine with a detachable cylinder head and 3-bearing crankshaft. Fuel was delivered by an SU electric pump from a rear tank. Electrical power was produced by a 6-volt generator. Steering is by Bishop cam. The gearbox has four forward speeds with synchromesh on 2nd, 3rd and top gears and is connected to the engine via a single dry plate clutch which connects to Hardy Spicer universal joints. Suspension is by semi-elliptic springs front and rear with Armstrong hydraulic shock absorbers. Braking is by 8-inch (20.3 cm) Lockheed drum brakes on all four (pressed steel) wheels. The radiator emblem reads "Morris 8" and the grille is curved.
Engine: four cylinder
Bore and stoke: 57 mm x 90 mm
Capacity: 918.6 cc
Compression ratio: 6.5:1
Electrical system (lighting & starting): 6-volt Lucas
R.A.C. Rating: 8.05 hp
Output: 29.5 bhp (22 kW) at 4,400 rpm.
Ignition: 6-volt coil
Gears: Four forward, one reverse
Clutch: single dry plate
Acceleration: 0 to 50 mph (80 kph) in 33.2 seconds
Wheelbase: 7 ft 5 inches (2.26 m)
Track: 4 ft ¾ inch (1.24 m)